Overdraft Protection Service
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MINNWEST BANK CHECKING ACCOUNT
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts as follows:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as an overdraft line of credit, Alert Notifications, Online and Mobile banking to make it easier to monitor your account balance, transfer funds from checking or savings, sweep transfers, and 24-hour telephone transfer service which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, about these plans, call (507-637-5731).
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (See below):
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday Debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Minnwest Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices; Checks and other types of transactions:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft item.
- Also if your account is overdrawn for 7 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $35 every 7 business days.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you each day.
ATM and Everyday Debit card transactions:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft item on transaction amounts greater than $10.
- We will charge you a fee up to $10 each time we pay an overdraft on transaction amounts $10 or less.
- Also if your account is overdrawn for 7 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $35 every 7 business days regardless of the amount of your overdraft.
- We will limit daily overdraft fees to $136 per day (not including the continuous negative balance fee if applicable).
Once you've decided which accounts you want your Overdraft Protection transfers to come from, you're ready to set up Overdraft Protection. To do this, simply talk to any Personal Banker at Minnwest Bank or Call us at 507-637-5731.