Overdraft Protection Service
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MINNWEST BANK CHECKING ACCOUNT
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts as follows:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as an overdraft line of credit, Alert Notifications, Online and Mobile banking to make it easier to monitor your account balance, transfer funds from checking or savings, sweep transfers, and 24-hour telephone transfer service which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, about these plans, call 1-844-MINNWEST (646-6937).
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (See below):
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday Debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Minnwest Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices; Checks, ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions*, and other types of transactions:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $25 each time we pay an overdraft item that is presented.
- Also if your account is overdrawn for 7 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $25 every 7 business days.
- At the end of the business day, if your account is overdrawn by $25 or less, an overdraft fee will not be charged.
- We will limit daily overdraft fees to $100 per day (not including the continuous negative balance fee if applicable).
Once you've decided which accounts you want your Overdraft Protection transfers to come from, you're ready to set up Overdraft Protection. To do this, simply talk to any Personal Banker at Minnwest Bank or call us at 1-844-MINNWEST (646-6937)
*This will include ATM and Everyday Debit card transactions if you have opted-in to the payment of ATM/Debit card transactions.